The Windsor Series Iron Filter, Version III, (WsFe v3) is designed to remove iron through the combined process of oxidation and filtration. It’s proven and reliable mechanical design with simplicity of operation and ease of service creates an economical and valuable resource for treatment of many nuisance iron problems. The uncomplicated, but effective and capable design, eliminates the need for chemicals, feeders, pumps or compressors in many iron applications.
During the normal service/filtering cycle of the system, raw water enters the filter through the control valve and is brought into direct contact with a zone of compressed air contained within the top of the pressure vessel. The captive air within the system saturates the feed water with oxygen. Next, an insoluble granular media contained within the pressure vessel acts as a catalyst to enhance the oxidation reaction of iron compounds. This reaction causes these minerals to precipitate. The precipitated particles are then trapped by the granular media and prevented from moving downstream of the system.
The compressed air and media have a limited capacity for oxidizing and holding iron and, therefore, must be periodically cleaned and replenished through a backwash and air injection cycle. This cycle is initiated and completed by the control valve at a fixed interval.
- Stops Iron Staining
- Improves Water Taste
- No Chemicals
- No Chemical Feeders
- No Compressors
- Simple and reliable mechanical design with fewer moving parts
- Modular design for ease of service
- Non-corrossive valve body and tanks
- Digital Metering system for troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Service and troubleshooting notifications
- Advanced diagnostics features to simplify and streamline troubleshooting
- 8 hour battery back-up during power failure
- Non-volatile memory is permanently stored during power loss